This recording is available for viewing. You can leave with three to nine.-Month treatment plan for affairs that save your clients’ time, money and energy!
Barry W McCarthy, PHD, ABPP – Affairs Made Simple, A New Understanding of Affairs for Effective
Affairs These are commonplaces, with approximately 35-45% of Many couples have an affair. As a clinician, you will likely have someone on your caseload who is dealing with these issues. of It was a love affair.
This recording is available for viewing. You can leave with three to nine.-Month treatment plan for affairs that save your clients’ time, money and energy! This is a huge improvement from the traditional model that takes years to treat couples who’ve experienced an affair.
Many clinicians approach treatment incorrectly by giving the affair too much power, which leads to the hurt partner getting stuck. Instead of staying stuck with the old model of An affair is a sign of This workshop will help you understand, assess, and treat a problem in a relationship.
Affairs Multipliere-causal, multi-Dimensional with a range of Individual, couple, cultural, value, and meaning factors. Effective treatment requires that you carefully evaluate (rather than assume!) the causes and their meanings. of The perspective of the affair of The injured and involved partners. You will learn how to create an effective model through this workshop for Assessment that leads to better clinical outcomes.
This recording will prepare you to be a better clinician and help the couple make their decisions. “wise decision” You will need to decide whether you want to recommit to a happy, secure marriage or to divorce. If the decision is made to recommit, then you will learn skills to support the recommitted couple. for Sexual recovery and creating an individual affair prevention plan.
Give the affair less power than it needs and learn how to better manage affairs.
- Analyze the types of Affairs based upon emotional, sexual, and gender factors will help to inform clinical assessment and treatment.
- Utilize a four-session assessment model for A comprehensive psychobiosocial assessment of The relationship to improve treatment decisions.
- Make sure your treatment plan is in line with your goals of After an affair, both the couple and the individual need to heal.
- Make sure that both the partners accept and enjoy the story. This will help to facilitate a reconciliation. “wise decision” Consider whether you want to recommit or divorce the marriage.
- Make an agreement for Recommitting to monogamy by couples as part of Affair recovery is possible as well as one for Couples who agree to a non-consensual arrangement-Monogamy agreement
- A personalized plan for affair prevention that addresses your weaknesses and goals of Each couple.
Would you like to be contacted? Barry W McCarthy, PHD, ABPP – Affairs Made Simple, A New Understanding of Affairs for Effective ?
Be open to misunderstandings and myths Affairs
- Affairs Are always a sign of A relationship problem
- Most couples divorce after an affair
- Before you do anything else, rebuild the trust bond
- The first year should not include touching or sexual activity. of Healing from an affair
- New Data, research and cultural shifts on the role and meaning of outcome of affairs
You can implement a four-step plan-Assessment of Session
- Importance of Conducting the first session together
- Individually conduct the sexual, relational, and psychological history
- When and how to reveal sensitive or secretive information
- Role playing aspects of Feedback session for couples
Treatment Model for Different types of Affairs
- Understanding the differences of affairs
- Low involvement/high opportunity
- Comparison or love affair
- The most common type vs the least common and the easiest vs. hardest to treat
- Don’t give the affair any more power than it needs
- The type of a couple? of affair
- Six month “good faith” Make an effort to find real meaning of The story
- Indicators that the couple can recommit themselves to the marriage
- Here are some signs that the couple could benefit from a “good divorce”
- You can create a new sexual style for your couple and a trust bond.
- Forgiveness and acceptance should be encouraged
- Tools for Sexual Recovery
- A personal plan for prevention of affair
Vulnerabilities and Challenges in Affair Prevention
- Awareness of Vulnerabilities regarding people, moods, and situations for future affairs
- Face the myth “once a cheater, always a cheater”
- Discussion and agreement regarding monogamy vs. consensual.-Monogamy
- Face the coercive or manipulative partner
- Value of Secure, satisfying and intimate relationships
- Respect this “sexually, one size does not fit all”
Cultural Considerations Understanding The Role and Meaning of Affairs
- Non-American cultural differences
- Religion, politics, social economic class
- Particular considerations for lesbian and gay couples
- If meanings of the words differ, don’t place too much emphasis on personal judgment and value.
Clinician Personal & Professional Values Affairs
- Evaluate your personal values when it comes to affairs
- Tools to identify your interest, competence, values
- Take note of Personal values and judgments of clients when meanings are different
- Different values – When to refer
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes