Available for Pre-Order. Within a few days, this product will be in stock.
Colleen Pedrotty – Sexual Assault Training for the Healthcare Professional
The Key Medical Considerations for You can find more information at Sexual Assault Victim
- Assess for acute trauma
- Participate in the healthcare team
- Medical exam
- Lab work available upon request
- Post-Medications-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP), Plan B, tetanus, hepatitis B vaccine, antiemetic, pain relief
Compassionate Psychosocial Care
- Techniques for the Support needed for emotional well-being for These patients
- Anxiety, fear, anxiety and physical pain can all be symptoms.
- During these sessions, it is important to have a chaperone/advocate. the Evaluation
- Mandatory reporting: All children and disabled people.
Legal and Forensic Responsibilities
- Video of patient who has been subject to sexual assault
- Take the The history of the assault
- Head-To-toe assessment
- Oral trauma exam and evidence gathering
- Fingernail samples
- Use bite marks
- Common site of genital trauma
- Vaginal examination and evidence collection
- Penile exam and evidence gathering
- Anorectal exam, evidence collection
(There are seven scenarios.-Safely practice and learn at skill stations that are based on real-world situations the Principles of evidence collection Meredith will talk about and illustrate the principles of evidence collection. the best practices for (Each scenario/station.
- Skill Station 1Review of evidence collection kits and paperwork
- Skill Station 2: Hair, finger & nail samples
- Skill Station 3: Toxicology kits
- Skill Station 4: Oral attack with additional swabs
- To identify stains or injury, consider adding an alternative light source (ALS), such as a woodslamp.
- Swabbing techniques
- Skill Station 5Review of bite mark injuries and other injuries
- Skill Station 6Rectal and pelvic exams
- Properly using speculum with sterilized water
- Foreign body evidence collection techniques the Time frames are important for Evidence collection
- Skill Station 7Collection of clothing
- Techniques for preserving, packaging, and documenting
- Chain of custody/police reposing
Simulation and debriefing
Simulating experience is essential for developing communication skills and understanding. the Communication, health promotion and disease prevention.
- High stress situations require communication skills that optimize communication
- Medical clearance
- Administration of HIV PEP
- Administration of STI-preventive medications
- Discussion about Plan B
- Psychological support: After-care clinic, social worker and follow-Up
- A patient who refuses to give evidence
- Legal aspects of law enforcement, forensic examinations and drug facilitated violence/toxicology kits
Special populations (includes case study)
- Elderly assaults
- Mentally handicapped
- Drug-facilitated attacks
- Human trafficking
Would you like a gift? Colleen Pedrotty – Sexual Assault Training for the Healthcare Professional ?
- Correctly obtaining hair, finger & nail samples
- Important elements the Toxicology kit
- Alternate light sources are available to detect stains or injury
- Use these swabbing tips
- Be aware of special considerations for Following a sexual attack, pelvic or rectal exams are done.
- Documenting physical findings (bite marks, lacerations, etc.)
- Clothes collection: Preservation and packaging techniques
Sexual Assault is a serious public problem. Sexually assaulted patients have complex medical and psychological needs. Colleen PedrottyMSHA, MSN. RN, CEN. SANE will be highlighted the You must know the following essential facts about caring for Sexually assaulted patients. These situations are often very traumatizing. Comprehensive care is required. It includes a health history assessment and prophylactic treatment. for HIV is a sexually transmitted infection.-Exposure prevention, pregnancy prophylaxis. Criminal evidence collection. Psychological follow.-Up and proper referrals to law enforcement the patient’s needs.
This engaging program will drive home important information via skills stations and case studies.-Based learning activities. This course is guaranteed to be more than just a lecture by a presenter. You will be able to gain new, unforgettable insights for the You can learn from sexually assaulted patients that you see in your practice by engaging in creative and interesting learning opportunities.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes