The course was completed in 40 hours. Participants gave it rave reviews. They gained new skills and techniques that were not covered in other courses. Additionally, they learned how to apply an evidence-based approach to change.
Contextual Hypnotherapy – Evidenced Based Approaches
I can still recall the first hour and first day of the Contextual Hypnotherapy class. The students were utterly agitated at the beginning of the break. I had dismissed all their attempts at hypnotherapy, including regression and parts therapy.
They were truly angry.
The course was completed in 40 hours. Participants gave it rave reviews. They were able to learn new skills and techniques, as well as master an evidence-based approach for change.
This course is both practical and controversial, and will transform your skills.
This course will provide an in-depth overview of current research regarding outcome-based psychotherepeutic technique and theory. It is important that hypnotists use methods of intervention with demonstrated validity and focus on integrating current research and methodologies of change into hypnotic processes. This course will provide an overview of psychological theory and the methods of evidence-based treatment protocols to enhance intervention outcome and response.
This course will help you to understand the basics of context psychology and how it is integrated into a holistic process of hypnotherapy.
Another highlight was a session that I did with a real client for the class. This client proved to be the most challenging I’ve ever worked with and the session didn’t go according to plan. It was a complete disaster.
The course was not edited. I left the entire two-session demonstration in the course. This allowed you to see how to deal with difficult clients and unsuccessful hypnosis sessions. These sessions will occur – unlike other classes that remove the bad stuff – so you can learn from my mistakes. You will see demonstrations of “perfect” sessions.
GOALS AND OBBJECTIVES
The professional hypnotist can:
- Induce hypnotic thoughts that go beyond the mere idea of it. “creating a state of hypnosis” To create inductions that are part of the therapeutic process.
- Verbalize your understanding of the current psychological theories related to Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), ACT Therapy and Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy are all modalities that have been proven effective in clinical trials.
- Develop hypnotic methods for utilizing core concepts from contextual psychology and incorporate them into hypnotherapy.
- Demonstrate suggestive therapy techniques that are based upon evidence-based treatment protocols.
- Utilize core components of contextual psychology and evidence based treatment protocals during interventions and in script writing.
- Assess the effectiveness of hypnotherapy interventions on individual clients.
Steven C. Hayes, The New Acceptance & Commitment Therapy: Get out of Your Mind and into Your Life
Mindfulness and Hypnosis; The Power of Suggestion To Transform Experience by Michael D. Yapko (to purchase separately)
Each week will feature a different collection of video lectures. Links will be provided to each week’s lectures. Live class discussions will focus on clarification of the week’s reading and lecture material so pace your lecture viewing appropriately.
TOPICS FOR CLASS LECTURE
- Introduction Contextual Hypnotherapy
- Key Concepts for Outcome Based Treatment
- Mindfulness Based Stress reduction
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Treatment
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy
- Jay Haley and The Strategic Model of Therapy
- Brief Cognitive Hypnotherapy
ONLINE CLASS DISCUSSIONS
Each class meets for one hour in The “HPTI webconferencing room” You can access the internet once per week. Mondays at 7:00 PM PDT
*** If less than 5 students enroll in the course it will automatically revert to an independent study course and there will be no live online class discussions. All questions about reading and lecture material, as well as assignments and tests, will be addressed via class discussion forum, email, or other communication methods as determined by class instructor***
Participants who pass the comprehensive exam with a passing score will receive a certificate of competence in their chosen field of study.
Sale Page: http://thehypnostore.com/downloads/948/
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes