How to optimize your design by using data. A proven, hands-on approach to optimizing your design.-On UX framework to make more money with your website & landing pages. This training will teach you how to use user research tools and techniques in order to discover usability. UX Any site can have problems.
ConversionXL (Karl Gilis) – Data-Driving UX Masterclass
Learn to optimize your design
A proven, hands-on instructor is available.-on UX framework to make more money with your website & landing pages.
This training will demonstrate how to
- You can uncover usability using user research techniques and tools UX Any site can have problems.
- A repeatable and proven process will increase visitor revenue.
- Google Analytics, heatmaps, user recordings, and form analytics provide the most valuable insights.
- Apply Karl’s 15 years of UX and add usability tools, methods and tricks to your website right away.
What you’ll walk away with afterwards
- The right mindset for being really (and I mean really).-Customer is really customer-centric. From now on you’ll be able to sell how people want to buy. Instead of selling the way you want to sell, as you’re doing now.
- Proven process and methodology It allows you identify weak points of any website, landing page or webpage.
- An in-Deep knowledge You will learn how to use the most useful (and inexpensive) user research tools and methods to gain valuable insights. You don’t have to spend hours staring at boring graphs or numbers.
- A staggering amount of tips, tricks, guidelines Convert your visitors to customers. Yes, believe me: it’s incredible. What did I do?
- The knowledge & confidence to improve your website and landing pages, even when you don’t have enough visitors to do a/b testing.
Throughout the course, you’ll…
- See exactly how Karl improves the usability and revenue of websites & landing pages during 8 video sessions.
- During the first 4 sessions he’ll show you how to use user research tools and techniques to uncover usability and UX problems. These are the steps to take in order to make the most of them.
- Karl shares his best moments from the last four sessions UX tips & tricks he learned the past 15 years. This will help you solve any problems that may be on your site, and make those visitors customers.
This course is right for you if…
- If you think your landing pages or site could be improved, There is a lot. But you’re not sure where to start.
- You have the ambition to grow your online business or those of your clients and you understand Rome wasn’t built in a day. So you’re looking for a strategy and repeatable process to improve any website or landing page step-By-step.
- You’re a business owner, webmaster, designer, marketeer, … who believes that online marketing shouldn’t be based on gut feeling and opinions. But you’re not sure how to gather those facts.
- Tools are useful, but they are not the only solution. You want to make the most of tools. Even more important, how to connect them.
- You understand that usability & conversion optimization are crucial to survive online. But you’re overwhelmed with all the information you can find online. So you’re looking for a hands-on training that’s build around the idea that the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
This course is probably not for you if…
- You don’t have any ambitions with your website. And you don’t care if you go bankrupt this year.
- You believe there’s a magic checklist with 10 tips that will make your website the best in the world. That list doesn’t exist. I’ll give you a framework and a hands-a process to improve your website.
- You think you can make lots of money online. Once again: that doesn’t exist. You must work hard. You must work hard to improve your website every day. But thanks to the tips & tricks you get during this course you’ll know exactly how to do this and how to get results.
- Your website should have more visitors. This course isn’t about increasing your website visitors. It’s about getting more revenue and sales from your visitors.
- You don’t believe in data but gut feeling and opinions. I wish you all of the best.
Concerning your instructor Karl Gilis
According to PPC Hero Karl, is Conversion rate optimizer that is most popular worldwide. He’s also the G in AGConsult, a Belgium-Based usability and conversion optimization company. He’s been optimizing websites since 2001. Always based on user research & facts.
Karl is an internationally acclaimed speaker and was voted the 2nd best speaker at Digital Elite Camp. He teaches at many Belgian universities. He has also trained employees from companies like Thomas Cook, TUI, Suzuki, Toyota & many others.
Karl works in his spare time on a remedy for people who believe online marketing is based solely on gut feeling or opinions.
He’s also known as the ‘UX comedian’He has said that he will be very serious throughout this course. Not.
The complete course curriculum
Learn from your visitors and leave your Ego behind.
If I’ve learned anything over the past 15 years, it’s that most websites fail due to ego. Large and small businesses put their customers first over theirs. Sometimes, without realising it. What do you say customers want? Do you really know what customers want?
Google Analytics can seem overwhelming due to the sheer amount of data. It’s easy to get lost. It’s easy to lose track of the important questions if you aren’t prepared. Your data ain’t going to tell you anything interesting unless you know what to look for.
Mouse Heatmaps & User Recordings
Heatmaps go beyond just displaying pretty images that you can incorporate into presentations to impress stakeholders. These heatmaps can reveal a lot about your website and visitors. That is… if you know what you’re looking for.
Form Analysis & Getting Ready for Action
For most websites, forms are the final step in converting visitors. Unfortunately, they’re also often the last obstacle. The form analysis tools provide deep insights into how people interact and use your forms.
UX Tips for Detail Pages & Landing Pages
I’ll show you the ins and outs of every element of a typical page (e.g. Header, photo and design. Text, call to actions, USP, etc. Not based on gut feeling or opinion, but on real life examples and what we’ve discovered in the previous sessions.
UX Tips for Forms
Every online business needs forms. I’ll share all the tips and tricks I know to make sure your visitors will feel the urge to fill out your forms. Okay, maybe that’s a bit exaggerated. But I can guarantee that if you follow my tips, your forms will convert like they’ve never converted before.
Category Pages & Your Homepage
You probably have category pages if you sell more than one product. These pages can be problematic in many ways, and we will address them.
Building a Relationship & Summary
When was the last time you went on a website you’d never visited before and immediately bought something? Right.
Yet, most websites are built around this idea. A visitor lands on your site and makes a purchase.
In this session, I’ll show you some brilliant techniques that allow you to build a relationship with your visitors. You can then gently convert them from visitors to customers.
Karl offers a bonus class that wraps up the course. He’ll cover forms, category pages, and homepages.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which books and resources should I be familiar?
- Karl offers similar trainings to digital agencies, and they all admit that they learned a lot.
- +5 years of experience as a specialist in conversion and usability.-Based on user research. It is unlikely that the author has read many articles on the subject.
What makes a student unqualified to take this course?
- If you own a website and want to make it better, you are eligible.
- Don’t follow this training if you can only change the content of your website. You’ll learn a lot, but you’ll get frustrated because you can’t change a thing.
- A lot of years of experience is a plus. UX designer, you’ll probably learn more than you would think is possible.
What length of time should I have worked in this industry? UX?
- Karl recommends reading Don’t Make Me Think to get in the right mindset.
What programs or tools should I be familiar with?
- It’s helpful to have experimented with a tool like Hotjar, or another click heatmap, scroll heatmap and user sessions tool. Karl will help you to analyze the data that you receive from these tools. He won’t teach you how to set them up. So start implementing one of those tools (it’s really easy) and start recording data.
- The same goes for form analysis. For this, you can use Hotjar and Formissimo. Start collecting data.
- These classes are not about the technical use of these tools, it’s how to interpret the data they provide you. If you begin collecting data before you take this course, and if the interface of these programs is familiar to you before you take the class, you will get the most from it.
Learn more http://archive.is/MOugs
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes