You’re familiar with the stories of your clients: hours of study, only to forget it all on a next-day test, inability or unwillingness to understand what they have read, difficulty recalling lists or instructions beyond three.
Penny Stack – Dyslexia
- Origin of the product
- Facts versus Myths
- Public health impacts
Assessment of Cognitive Function
- Visual and auditory memory
- Phonological awareness and memory
- Visual perceptual abilities
- Visual motor skills
- Handwriting skills
- Reading speed, accuracy, fluency, comprehension
Redeveloping Neuropathways: Treatment Strategies
- Visual perception skills for visual perception
- Note taking in class is a must!
- Multiplier is a good idea.-Step-by-step instructions
- When spelling a word, remember the order of letters
- Do your homework at home?
- Memory skills/phonological knowledge
- Do not forget more than one or two instructions at once
- Take the words you want to understand: cat verses hat
- Spell aloud
- Visual skills can be a great help
- Discriminate different fonts
- Form letters and numbers
- Never write numbers or letters backwards
- Assistance with mixing letters/numbers – /d/ starting at /b/, /E/ starting at /3/
- Place their pencil in the desk
- Matching socks are a good idea when dressing.
- Visual motor skills to:
- Keep track of class by taking notes.
- Tie shoes
- Riding a bike
- Coordination is key
- To improve handwriting skills,
- Assistance with slow, messy or erratically written letters or letter spacing
- Use cursive to write
- Reading/comprehension skills to:
- You can read at grade level or age
- To match words, pseudoword reading
Practice Treatment Interventions and Case Studies Throughout the Day
Documentation and billing
- ICD-10 codes of treatment and CPT billing codes to reimburse for services received
Would you like a gift? Penny Stack – Dyslexia ?
Dyslexia – The invisible disability that affects only 1:5 persons
It’s not just an issue of trying harder or paying attention.
There are many stories that you can hear from clients: hours of studying, only to forget it all on the test the next day, inability understand the information they read, difficulty remembering more than three instructions or lists, the overwhelming frustration of not being capable of expressing themselves or getting the words out on paper, socially withdrawing to hide their struggles.
You will be able to use client-specific treatment ideas in this recording.-Everyday routines, games and technology are centered around the hands.-You can help your client overcome the difficulties of dyslexia.
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to immediately provide treatment to address your client’s:
- Visual perceptual abilities
- Integration of visual motors
- Auditory and visual memory
- Reading rate, accuracy, fluency, comprehension
- Phonetic awareness, memory
- Handwriting and spelling difficulties
Transform everyday activities into effective treatment!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes